Saturday, November 25, 2006

IM ONLY HUMAN TO BE INSENSITIVE



I'm revealing something that i shouldn't be talking about in my first post to my blog,i know for a fact that after reading this most of u Will carry a very unpleasant picture of me,however,I'm not going to justify(perhaps because i dun have a strong enough justification,but that's a different point altogether)...I'm going to confess.......

(sigh!)......the dog in the pic is mine,my poodu dooodu tuffy..the confession however is...

i hate stray dogs and yes,I'm biased to the more fortunate segment of the species ,ones who could find themselves a home n were lucky enough to be entitled as well..."pets",that either looked gud,cute ,needy or plainly found by sum one with a kind,generous n warm heart that transcends beyond my parochial mindset ..
please take note of the fact that i only hate stray dogs,not street dogs...n there's a clear demarcation.a thin line that differentiates between the one that stinks n digs into trash to find its meal n the one that has its ears carefully cleaned.....there is a difference
precarious as my views may seem,they're scary......they scare me!sometimes it makes me wonder about my degree of coldness that i hold within,or worse exhibit subconsciously..
i cant help but shiver silently,almost frozen when i stand motionless watching a stray dog sniff my feet with its wet nose telling myself, hoping n praying it wud end soon n the dog wud just run away....I've never been harsh to any of these dogs fer 2 reasons..firstly,its not "me"to be harsh wen i haven been given a reason to turn vindictive n secondly....m scared,even of those pups who dun yet have teeth...on the other hand,however i've had pet dogs myself...a pom,a lab n a partially street dog n I'm the best frien a dog can find if ive been assured that its vaccinated n does not bite whatsoever!
shallow....shallow...shallow...
it sounds sad,even disgusting ,i know ....but at least I'm not hypocritical abt it...that's how i console myself while admitting all this that by now may jus have started seeming slightly absurd to some of u.

any way the important point is that its not just indifference,coldness or prejudice..its also fear...

I'm not a racist and i do not uphold the caste system but well...its only fair that i accept that i can never be one of those larger than life people who have enough warmth in this freaking callous world to look beyond all the ugliness i see and who have made sure that this underprivileged category of dogs or lets just say animals may be unacceptable to some of us but will continue to find hope n love cuz there are people n like me n this post is a tribute to them...(wasn't really meant to be,but its realisation that struck me a few seconds back)

i cant be u but I'm glad to see you feed those little brats with eggs n milk every evening in park!makes me feel lesser human but its an assurance that humans still have "real hearts"..

4 comments:

Unknown said...

more than disgusting/watever/watever...i found ure fondness for "clean" dogs defying logic...i mean dogs are lovable creatures....but hey wats the point in loving a dog who already has ppl to clean its ears,or take him to a vet everytime it sneezes...i mean it wont value ure love that much...i feel those who r stray,have been kicked arnd,or r limping require affection because obviously it will value it much more............and yeah as far as our personal hygiene goes......soaps are not extinct yet.....

therefore start loving me....

peu said...

precisely my point!it was a confession which means that i do realise im pathetic considering this paticular sgaenda

Unknown said...

"IM ONLY HUMAN TO BE INSENSITIVE"
well.. i dont think thts true.. it takes a lot to confess smthin by smone even though everyone has smthin of this sort of thing inside them.. they just dont speak, but i really admire u for being bold..
but u knw there one way to overcome ur fear (as u said it), to face it.. face ur fear to overcome it.. n if ur friendly with dogs, they dont bite u !!(even stray dogs)
well im not good at writting so thts abt it frm me.. heh..
n i must say tht its really well written ! (u must be knwing tht).. lol..
god bless u..
tc..

Prerna Seth said...

i can't fathom the idea of not finding a dog cute, stray or pet or clean. they are just adorable!

but it is only human to be insensitive. very very human. hence, i don't think your views are the least bit scary. i won't pay much attention to the coldness or indifference or prejudice. it's the fear that makes u hate them. and you know it. it is possible to overcome that fear, that is, only if you want to overcome it....