Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Does it really matter..
I'm only older by another walk in the rain
kinds that we had when i understood you
All by myself,I tell myself I still love pink
When all I see is your footsteps being washed way
I hate rain now n yet I'm here walking bare feet on the wet grass
I hate to beg u for one look n yet I'm walking to your doorstep
I peep in n see u dancing to the untuned guitar
You're smiling with the wine glass in yer pretty hands
They're wearing diamonds n silk that shines
N all I bear on my skin are the scars
But I think they're prettier till
They 're the only memory I have of yours
I long to hate you ,hoping the ashes fly away
Of each burnt love song you wrote me
But just as they start to whisper I run..
I run frantically behind the ashes I see
You see me outside your mansion,
N u step towards the mess u see..
Why ?why do u tell me my lips are pink
Why?why do I believe you,knowing they never were
You hold my hand n dance with me in the rain
Hiding me from the rest of the world
You open your mouth to say something
N I smell the expensive wine realising my filth..
Just then,someone calls you from the cacophony u call music
You say I mean the world to you but still im left waiting outside
Until of course rain drowns me down
Cuz u never come out again you're just ashamed,aren't you?
Becuz u know u lied wen u talked abt the pink in my lips..
Becuz I was never pretty to you,because youre wat pretty is!
And as I drown I no long no more to hate you
..it really doesnt matter..

6 comments:

Angad Singh said...

i really like this, er...paragraph in poem form thingy, of yours. nice to know i can remotely giggle unknown people. you post frequently?? i just posted a post after such a looooooong time.(25 days actually, i lost my internet connection on 7th, got it back today, seems looooooong) and anyway, i turn 19 on the 4th, gonna leave 18 soon, so i'll soon be a 19 year old that rocks :-), pretty irrelevant, but a kind of technicality,and yeah, if you wanna see the funniest blog in the 'blogosphere' (you see, its a 'sphere' not a 'jungle'), see http://turdsnpees.blogspot.com/

and about the 'strong futuristic visions are kinda not good' thing, i think it depends, now im not giving you a 'you should have a strong goal/ambition in life' lecture, im just saying that even as you go on with your (maybe different) life, there are some things you're subconsiously gonna try to steer onto the vision of your dreams against all odds, and its gonna be rewarding when ya succeed...ok this is pretty vague, hope you understand what i mean. read my new post (if u want), tell me what you think, how pathetic does it make me seem????

Angad Singh said...

ok, i wonder what of the following caused your 'roll on the floor worthy' laugh:-

1) My comment (very unlikely)
2) My Post (likely, in the general point of view, its very loserly)
3) tudsnpees blog (very very likely)

now, what?? the 'agony of the confusing comment' is eating me up!!! hey are you on orkut???

Prerna Seth said...

LOOOONG overdue... don't kill me woman :-)
oh btw, i just wrote a comment for 'it's not your fault' and it said i request could not be proceeded. bloody hell!
i have just one thing to say to this poem. it so reminds me of you :-) it's still the jags i've always known. makes me realise that no matter how far apart we may drift from our friends, somewhere deep down inside each one of us remain the same person. its a nice feeling! :-)
and if this request can't be proceeded either, i'll pound my monitor i swear!

tropical seagull said...

i love the fact that you recognise colour and appreciate it. its not often i come across people who do so.. nice piece though.
enigma85@rediffmail.com

Ankit Tandon said...

I regard anything that goes over my head as good ,by that standard you just got nominated for Nobel Literature prize.Anyway nice post and i hope your next post is a little more understandable by people less gifted like me .

Ankit Tandon said...

hmm you call it quality brain ,I call it quality plagiarism ... n yes happy new year !!