Saturday, November 25, 2006

in search for a dream...

my mom often while trying to sound humorous taunts me saying that the man i would get married to would be the most unlucky man on earth...
ouch!!*
but i smile back to her ,not a meek smile but in fact an ear to ear smile...sorts that make yer jaw hurt..

2 weeks back one of my friends said that my marriage would be a disaster!!he had for some reasons assumed that I'm not one of those who believe in the concept of getting married n giving it all you have...
my best friend however affirms that the man i marry would be the most lucky man on this planet....n when she said that it was more than a benediction fer me...


im often misunderstood for being the sort of girl who couldn care less about marriage as an institution....well,they stand corrected because they're terribly mistaken...those who know me well also know that there's always been a preety picture peu jagia carried wherever she went...


pretty picture


ever since i can recollect,even as a very young girl...I'd always get this twinkle in my eyes when anyone talked about me getting married...and till date sumhow it manages to wriggle something inside my stomach sometimes making me blush or just make me smile wen I'm trying hard to conceal my excitement n well...shyness both..(shy!!,yes!I'm the girl who curses all day long,but there are times i feel SHY!)

Ive always wanted a nice cozy small home,(definitely not a penthouse)with maroon walls defining d drawing room with white curtains n black objects n one shelf of sworoski crystal animals.Ive always pictured myself being a lecturer in a college who comes back home n only wen her mild perfume fills the air,her children and her husband know that's its a home not a house...i was very sure that I'd have two children with an age difference of not more than 3 yrs..i remember telling my ma quite vehemently that I'd make sure my kids grow up with dignity,self respect,all the values imbibed such that they're never outdated or orthodox but r deep rooted n know where they belong...i remember telling my best friend that I'd always maintain myself,wear sarees mostly n will never stop wearing a perfume or western clothes no matter how old i get.....I'd make my marriage the most beautiful n the utmost important aspect of my life....indeed my husband should be a loving one,smart one,the kind i can take to my mum n dad n take pride in my choice while telling them i want to marry him...i knew I'd be one of those who water plants,make sure the book rack is tidy,the dog(needn b a pedigree)is healthy n that my kids aren obese...oh n i had also planned that they'd have to discover a passion b4 they turn ,either music or sports,i'd had it AL figured that I'd notice their inclination towards anything other than academics n further help them nurture n cultivate their talent....ideally,i would want the boy to b a player,golf,polo,swimming,basketball...any sport n the girl to do bharatnatayam or odissi dance but I'm open to anything ranging from karate to violen to even graffiti...but a passion in life is must,esp while you're growing up...
aah!n wife!well I'd discuss work with him,food ,clothes ,politics.......everythin.,infact I'd give him liberty of having crushes,only i would have demanded to KNOW .honesty is extremely important to me...n i always pictured my husband to be overly protective of my daughter n extremely careless with my son...or well OUR DAUGHTER N OUR SON...

*********************************************************

i know that at just twenty years of age having such a strong preset isnt healthy n its something life has taught me...

i may now never get married or have kids or have that cozy little home n its so fucking ironic how life takes turns and al yer plans come crashing down on you,forcing u to let go of yer dreams....

however im not gonna let go so easily...neither will he..



8 comments:

Unknown said...

"in search of a dream..."
well its really sweet n cute !! most of the girls have a vague idea of wat they want or they dont think as deep as u do..
really cute n sweet !!
hope this dream comes true !
best of luck !!
tc..

MinCat said...

thank you... :) thats a lovely compliment!

Angad Singh said...

pretty alaborate picture, well, actually, even loads of guys have 'pictures' like this, but i don't think anybody actually puts it in words like you do ;-)

personally the idea of raising kids scares the hell out of me, but i kinda look forward to giving it my best.

man i sound gay.

thanks for the comment, are you like, verrry much older than 18?? you dont look too old (no, this is not 'me hitting on you' its just a vague inaccurate observation)

cool blog, me like.

Prerna Seth said...

this is the same 'piyu' (i'm sorry, i refuse to use 'peu'!) who once told me that i'd never get married! and it perhaps did not stir up the same reaction in me as it does with her.

i'm kinda scared to claim that i know her now, but yes, i have known her for a LOONG time. and i have always known the pretty picture she's always had with her. and she puts it into words so well! it might not be the healthiest thing to do - to have such a set view in mind about something as ambiguous as marriage. but heck, we're women, we're dreamy, and we all have an idealistic picture in our mind of what we want out of life. thats just the way we are.

kick arse woman! love you! :-) hope the dream comes true. and even if it doesn't, i have faith in you to come out of it strong!

~ ॐ ~ said...

an extreme to the other... hmm...

peu said...

@ om.....i take that as a ompliment...thanku....wudn mind ellaboration.

~ ॐ ~ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lemon said...

really nice post...and no..i dont think its unhealthy to have such a strong preset of the life that you wanna lead..actually i think its pretty stable and responsible that u know what u want..im 17 and im quite sure that i know what i want...

and i know that you wont let go easily..YOU GO GIRL..!!! get what ever you want..!! :) :)